New case story
Robotic cell made easy
by Alumotion, EasyRobotics, Universal Robots and Robotiq
The application was made by Alumotion’s team our featured partner in Italy.
- The robot on the right picks the rough pieces to be machined from the trays of the ProFeeder Q therefore moving them to the center of the workbench, where they are gripped by a spindle.
- At this point the left robot picks up the necessary tool to perform the lapping (a precision finishing operation of surfaces) from the ProFeeder Light trolley. Finally, the first robot picks up the workpiece and places it on the tray on the right.
- The advantages of this application are mainly two; The first is to have created a custom solution through standard tools, taking advantage of the characteristics of EasyRobotics modular cells and integrating only some elements of third parties of our production, such as the workbench that serves as a link between the two units.
- This also reduces costs and time: a completely customized solution would require about 3 months of work, while in 10 days it was possible to complete the application. The second advantage is that the ProFeeder Q requires the presence of an operator for a very short time, as the change of trays takes place automatically.
- After processing the pieces of the first tray, thanks to the software interaction with the UR5, the command is given to carry out the replacement, and the first level is moved to make room for the second, in which the raw pieces are already placed. After an accurate risk analysis, it was established that the application requires security measures for personal moving around the work area. For this reason, laser scanners have also been installed, which interrupt operations when they detect the presence of a person near the desk.
Flexible cobots boost capacity and satisfaction at Swedish machine shop
FT-Produktion turned to flexible collaborative robots – cobots – to boost productivity without adding personnel. The new technology also elevated job satisfaction by bringing variation to daily routines – a key advantage in an industry battling to attract
No machine shop in its right mind would turn down global leaders like Volvo, Renault and Scania when they come calling with orders – even if it means pushing capacity and productivity to the limit. But in a labour market where recruiting qualified employees is easier said than done, it takes innovation to increase output capacity.
To meet growing market demand, the Swedish machine shop FT-Produktion turned to specialised robot technology designed to meet the automation needs of small and medium-sized manufacturing businesses.
“We chose a combination of solutions from OnRobot, Universal Robots and EasyRobotics because they are easy to program. The investment in this solution will pay for itself in just nine months. Now we can fill significantly bigger orders,” says Joakim Karlberg, who owns and operates the family-owned machine shop FT-Produktion together with his sister.
Based in the southern Swedish town of Åseda and founded in 1983, FT-Produktion has a diverse staff of 25 employees with roots in Sweden, Norway, Lithuania, Syria and Thailand. Working in tandem with the neighbouring company Profilgruppen, FT-Produktion supplies a wide range of customers, including carmakers, construction companies, and the furniture industry. The company’s metal profiles measure up to 7.5 metres and are used in the manufacturing of balconies, solar panels, electrical fixtures and lorries. FT-Produktion has annual turnover of SEK 19 million.
EME installs EasyRobitics ProFeeder
EME Hydraulic has invested in a ProFeeder from EasyRobotics. The company CEO, Jesper Østergaard, is extremely pleased with the resulting improvements in efficiency. “We have gone from a 16-hour manning to 2-hour manning for the function the ProFeeder is now performing. We produce cylinders for agriculture and industry. We purchased a robot solution from EasyRobotics in order to free up some staff. Before, we had to man the machine for 16 hours, but after we introduced the robot we only need manual input for two hours daily. This means that we can now focus more on value added tasks, while the robot does the repetitive work" says Jesper Østergaard from the machine factory in Egernsund with 15 employees.
With the ProFeeder as a first step, he has plans to further increase automation in the future, with the next project already on the drawing board.
In the short video you can see Jesper Østergaard explaining more about the benefits of ProFeeder.
EasyDoor with ProCobots
Cycle time and reliability are the main advantages of using EasyDoor. Reliability is a big issue. Due to the collaborative nature of the cobots, they can easily fault when opening or closing the door if it senses any stickiness or changing force requirements. “sticky doors” can cause a jerking action that faults the robot. On the other hand, a very smooth door moves freely and can bounce back upon reaching the fully opened or fully closed position and cause a fault.
- Easy connection between the feeder cell, robot, and the automated EasyDoor
- Faster process
- Multiple loading parts
- No human intervention
- Time cycle increased
- Implementation on running CNC machines
Did you find what you were looking for?
Contact us for more